The new SAIM 2.0 offers improved usability and even more value-driving features.
Our engineering and development team is always working to make SAIM even better, and we’re excited to launch SAIM 2.0 in the coming weeks.
SAIM 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the system that makes the user interface more intuitive and includes more data analytics and reporting tools than ever before, building upon the value that SAIM already delivers for your fueling facility.
Once the update is complete, it will be available to all users. The basic functionality is the same, but your user experience will differ. You’ll notice new screens and updated navigation in a streamlined and intuitive way.
Here are just a few of the usability improvements:
- See more records per page in the grids and easily filter the data with search boxes.
- View Maintenance Status right on your grids and quickly determine if tasks are on-time or past due.
- Share information quickly with others with an email feature that allows you to add custom messages and attachments.
- Find task and asset history faster with details on who made the latest changes.
- Create new reoccurring tasks with ease using the new task wizard.
- Sign a task electronically and maintain accountability for completing the work.
In addition to user interface enhancements, SAIM 2.0 also offers many exciting new features, including:
- SAIM Agent Reports: Get scheduled reports delivered to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly with the ability to follow the progress of specific tasks.
- Subject Mater Expert (SME) Review: Automatically send your tasks to your Engineering Support Service provider (ESS) or other SME for review and feedback.
- ATA Form Reports: Easily capture equipment and tank conditions and fill out sump sample questions. View monthly, quarterly and yearly reports with your ATA form information.
- Task Engine: Tasks will be available 30 days in advance for improved planning and scheduling and you can assign tasks per group or shift with more choices for task frequency.
- Facility Asset Information: Place assets out of service and use the system to update your tasks automatically. You’ll also be able to decommission assets when they are no longer needed. A new Asset Status report lets you know how many of your assets are out of service at any time.
- Document Management: Associate a document with an Asset Tag and then search by that tag to find documents quicker. Set expiration dates for your records and run a Document Expiration Report that will show all documents about to expire in 90 days, allowing you to update them on time.
Resources and Support
We’ve designed these updates to be user-friendly, but we also understand change can be difficult. That’s why we’re updating the knowledge base with articles to help you through the changes. You’ll be able to access the Help functionality the same way you do today by going to the Help icon in the top right corner of your screen within the SAIM platform.
If you have questions about the upcoming launch of SAIM 2.0, your Project Manager is ready to support you.
Houston-based Smart Asset Integrity Management LLC (SAIM™) benefits from the experience and knowledge of the facility design engineers and specialists at its mother company, Argus Consulting, Inc., a leader in the fuels systems infrastructure engineering industry. For more than 25 years, employee-owned Argus Consulting has focused solely on program management, design, construction administration, and asset integrity management of fuel receiving, storage and distribution facilities and systems.
Other Interesting Reads:
SAIM Team Snapshot: John Succo
SAIM 2.0 to Launch in Early 2023
February 8, 2023 The new SAIM 2.0 offers improved usability and even more value-driving features. Our engineering and development team is always working to make SAIM even better, and we’re excited to launch SAIM 2.0 in the coming weeks. SAIM 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the system that makes the user interface more intuitive…
A Focus on Progress and Vision in 2023
February 8, 2023 Tina Lux-Boim, SAIM’s President, shares a thank you message to clients and her focus areas for 2023 as SAIM continues its growth trajectory. Thank you for your continued trust and support of SAIM. I’m in awe of our progress since I joined SAIM in the spring of 2021. The software and the…
SAIM Team Snapshot: Melissa Wiggin
SAIM Team Snapshot: Melissa Wiggin February 8, 2023 Get to know Melissa Wiggin, Senior Accountant for SAIM™.Melissa has been with SAIM since 2022, and she is located in Boca Raton, Florida. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far? To not fear hearing the answer ‘no’ to a question. If someone says…
SAIM’s Newest Features Facilitate Customized User Access and Task Creation
SAIM Team Snapshot: Shelby Robbe
SAIM Team Snapshot: Shelby Robbe July 15, 2022 Get to know Shelby Robbe, Client Success Manager for SAIM™. Shelby has been with SAIM since 2020, and she is located in Overland Park, Kansas. What five words would you use to describe SAIM, LLC.? Rewarding. Exciting. Challenging. Collaborative. Supportive. What does your role as a…
SAIM Team Snapshot: Shane Busch
SAIM Team Snapshot: Shane Busch June 30, 2022 Get to know Shane Busch, Digital Modeling Manager for SAIM™. Shane has been with SAIM since 2021, part of the Argus fuel system design team since 2015, and is located in Overland Park, Kansas. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far? Learn as…
SAIM Team Snapshot: Evan Tinker
SAIM Team Snapshot: Tina Lux-Boim
SAIM Team Snapshot: Tina Lux-Boim March 21, 2022 Get to know Tina Lux-Boim, President of SAIM™. Tina joined the SAIM team in 2020, and she is located in Overland Park, Kansas. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far? Maintaining integrity and ethics is foundational to any sustainable success and more importantly…
Airport Improvement Magazine Showcases SAIM’s Impressive Pilot Results
Check out the May 2021 issue of Airport Improvement Magazine for details on the success of SAIM’s pilot tests at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas and California’s Oakland International Airport. With our pilot complete, SAIM is ready to expand to airports across the United States and beyond. Uncover the real-world value of SAIM by…
New SAIM Inspect App Saves Operators Time; Gives Owners Transparency
Improve the Accuracy and Efficiency of Design and Construction with Digital Engineering Tools
October 19, 2020 Minimize Errors and Reduce Costs Using Digital Engineering Tools Digital engineering tools, like LiDAR scanning, point cloud registration and 3D modeling, guide design and construction projects from start to finish, minimizing errors and reducing costs. Here’s a real-world example from an industrial wastewater treatment plant that needed to modify piping associated with…
LiDAR Scanning: The Foundation of Digital Transformation
September 16, 2020 Your Facility’s Digital Transformation Begins with LiDAR LiDAR scanning is the foundation for accurately capturing the geometric data and measurements of the assets within a facility. Put simply, LiDAR scanning is the first step in creating an as-built 3D CAD model of your tank farm. Without LiDAR scanning, digital transformation of your…
Digital Engineering: Defined
August 26, 2020 Digital engineering can be a game changer for designing and building fueling facilities – especially when data is missing, outdated or scattered. Design tools such as LiDAR scanning, point cloud registration, and intelligent 3D models help engineers and designers create accurate construction drawings and reduce changes during the process. That means engineering…
Owners, Operators, and Engineers Get on the ‘SAIM’ Page With New Asset Management Platform for Oil & Gas Infrastructure
July 13, 2020 We are excited to bring owners, operators, and engineers a new technology that will revolutionize the fuel storage industry. After a successful two-year pilot program, SAIM™, a digital engineering asset management solution is ready for market. Oil and gas facilities, such as fuel systems and tank farms, will benefit from the smarter…